Welcome to HRPayrollsystems.net’s database of HR payroll software (HRIS/HRMS) articles designed to help HR professionals through the different phases of the HRIS system buying process. We are HR’s #1 resource for vendor-neutral HRIS articles that provide information on how to evaluate and select the right HRIS payroll system. Our article database is updated frequently, so be sure to check back for more helpful articles.
Part I: General HRIS Articles
1. What is HRIS? – HRIS, or human resource information system is an intersection of human resources and information technology through HR software.
2. What is HRMS? – A Human Resource Management System or HRMS is a combination of systems and processes that connect human resource management and information technology.
3. What is HCM Software? – Human capital management software serves as the perfect solution given that it offers a comprehensive array of applications that are designed to assist in the development and use of employee skills.
4. The Difference Between HRIS, HRMS and HCM – When searching for HR software solutions, it’s easy to run across many different acronyms describing Human Resource systems. What do they really mean?
5. HR Systems – Features and Benefits – Learn more about the features and benefits of a HR System.
6. What is HR Software? – HR software, or human resources software, is software that is designed to automate human resources tasks that were previously done manually.
7. HR Software Pricing Considerations – Before selecting a HR software vendor and package, many factors should be considered.
8. What are Payroll Systems? – A payroll system is software which organizes all the tasks of employee payment and the filing of employee taxes.
9. What is Employee Self-Service? – Employee self-service, or ESS, is a feature that is available with most modern HRIS.
10. Challenges and Benefits of HRIS Mobile Self Service – While mobile self service bears many benefits, there are also some challenges that should not be overlooked when introducing this feature to the work force.
11. What is Applicant Tracking Software? – Identifying, selecting and interviewing talent is a crucial process– Recruiting/Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) can help businesses perform this function in a streamlined fashion.
12. What is Time and Attendance Software? – Tracking time and attendance is critical for all organizations, no matter what size or what methods are used to determine employee pay.
13. What is Personnel Tracking Software? – Personnel tracking is any system used to keep track of time card and office location information of employees that may help managers to locate employees and keep track of working hours.
14. What is a Learning Management System (LMS)? – A Learning Management System can be a valuable tool that increases the effectiveness of training while reducing costs and time spent on training.
15. Benefits of Integrating LMS and HRIS – LMS are often purchased and run separately from HRIS, but there are some real benefits to integrating the systems.
16. What is Social HR? – Social HR is the name given to the practice of using social media platforms for HR functions.
17. Benefits of Using Performance Review Software – Performance reviews provide valuable feedback which can shape performance and improve productivity.
18. HRIS Benefits Administration – Benefits administration is one of the most common elements of a HRIS solution.
19. HRIS Benefits – There are many benefits that can be enjoyed after implementing a HRIS into an organization.
20. HRIS System Impact to Companies – Many companies have taken the steps to transform the ways by which HR tasks are performed in attempts to keep up with rising employee counts and the evolution of technology.
21. How HRIS Can Help with Payroll Compliance Management – A HRIS can help your company to manage payroll correctly and automatically, so that compliance issues are handled without a thought or any extra effort.
22. Can Employee Management Software Help Improve your Employees’ Performance? – Employee management software can help your company to sidestep the negative characteristics of performance reviews while retaining the positive points.
23. Payroll, General Ledger, and Taxes Defined – At its simplest level, payroll ensures that employees are paid for work performed during a particular time period (pay period).
24. Making Payroll Services Work for Your Business – Payroll is an important consideration for every business that has employees.
25. HRIS Questions and Answers – Commonly asked HRIS Q&A.
26. What is Core HR? – Core HR is the essential bulk of information and processes that pertain to the employees in any organization.
27. What is Payroll? – The term “payroll” actually refers to the list of employees that receive compensation from a company.
28. What is HRM? – Any company or organization that employs people must figure out how to best manage their people, or human resources.
29. How to Manage Payroll – After hiring the very first employee, every company must figure out how to best manage payroll.
30. Managing Paycheck Records Using HR Software – Managing paycheck records using HR software can eliminate headaches and make it easy for the interested parties to gain access to those records when needed.
31. What Does a Human Resources Manager Do? – Human resources managers are integral to the success of companies in every industry.
32. What Is Severance Pay? – Severance pay is generally provided in cases where an employee is let go from a position due to situations like downsizing or job elimination, rather than voluntary job termination on the part of the employee.
33. Using HR Software for Talent Acquisition – Talent acquisition is one of the most critical functions in most organizations.
34. What You Should Know About Employee Referrals – Employee referrals are a fantastic recruitment tool.
35. What is Onboarding? – Onboarding is the process by which new employees become integrated into a new company.
36. Handling Leave Management with Finesse – Leave management can be tricky for companies to handle. When employees require extended leave, however, it’s often a critical and vulnerable time in their lives.
37. Benefits of Staff Augmentation – Staff augmentation is a solution that can provide flexibility to meet changing staffing demands.
38. What are Talent Management Systems? – Talent management systems are designed to take care of four major facets of human resources: recruitment, performance management, training, and compensation.
39. What is Software as a Service (SaaS)? – Software as a Service, commonly referred to as SaaS, is a method for delivering software through the internet.
40. HCM Software Market Size and Growth Potential – As of 2017, the market for HCM software was roughly 14.5 billion US dollars.
41. Payroll Laws – It’s important that employers understand the laws that pertain to their company and each location.
42. Payroll Specialist – Hiring a payroll specialist can help you keep your payroll processing in-house, while providing some reassurance that payroll will be processed correctly.
43. Payroll Systems Analyst – Many companies are seeing a benefit to hiring a payroll systems analyst.
44. Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) – BPO services are frequently categorized into the type of service being provided.
45. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) – This certification can help to ensure that payroll staff members have advanced knowledge of payroll, payroll software, and applicable payroll legislation.
46. Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) – The FPC is a certification awarded by the American Payroll Assoc