Welcome to HRPayrollsystems.net’s database of HR payroll software (HRIS/HRMS) articles designed to help HR professionals through the different phases of the HRIS system buying process. We are HR’s #1 resource for vendor-neutral HRIS articles that provide information on how to evaluate and select the right HRIS payroll system. Our article database is updated frequently, so be sure to check back for more helpful articles.
Part I: General HRIS Articles
1. What is HRIS? – HRIS, or human resource information system is an intersection of human resources and information technology through HR software.
2. What is HRMS? – A Human Resource Management System or HRMS is a combination of systems and processes that connect human resource management and information technology.
3. What is HCM Software? – Human capital management software serves as the perfect solution given that it offers a comprehensive array of applications that are designed to assist in the development and use of employee skills.
4. The Difference Between HRIS, HRMS and HCM – When searching for HR software solutions, it’s easy to run across many different acronyms describing Human Resource systems. What do they really mean?
5. HR Systems – Features and Benefits – Learn more about the features and benefits of an HR System.
6. What is HR Software? – HR software, or human resources software, is software that is designed to automate human resources tasks that were previously done manually.
7. HR Software Pricing Considerations – Before selecting an HR software vendor and package, many factors should be considered.
8. Payroll Systems – A payroll system is software which organizes all the tasks of employee payment and the filing of employee taxes.
9. What is Employee Self-Service? – Employee self-service, or ESS, is a feature that is available with most modern HRIS.
10. Challenges and Benefits of HRIS Mobile Self Service – While mobile self service bears many benefits, there are also some challenges that should not be overlooked when introducing this feature to the work force.
11. Applicant Tracking Software – Identifying, selecting and interviewing talent is a crucial process– Recruiting/Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) can help businesses perform this function in a streamlined fashion.
12. Time and Attendance Software – Tracking time and attendance is critical for all organizations, no matter what size or what methods are used to determine employee pay.
13. Personnel Tracking Software – Personnel tracking is any system used to keep track of time card and office location information of employees that may help managers to locate employees and keep track of working hours.
14. What is a Learning Management System (LMS)? – A Learning Management System can be a valuable tool that increases the effectiveness of training while reducing costs and time spent on training.
15. Benefits of Integrating LMS and HRIS – LMS are often purchased and run separately from HRIS, but there are some real benefits to integrating the systems.
16. What is Social HR? – Social HR is the name given to the practice of using social media platforms for HR functions.
17. Benefits of Using Performance Review Software – Performance reviews provide valuable feedback which can shape performance and improve productivity.
18. HRIS Benefits Administration – Benefits administration is one of the most common elements of an HRIS solution.
19. HRIS Benefits – Let’s review how an HRIS can help your organization and several of its advantages.
20. HRIS Systems’ Impact to Companies – Many companies have taken the steps to transform the ways by which HR tasks are performed in attempts to keep up with rising employee counts and the evolution of technology.
21. How HRIS Can Help with Payroll Compliance Management – An HRIS can help your company to manage payroll correctly and automatically, so that compliance issues are handled without a thought or any extra effort.
22. Can Employee Management Software Help Improve your Employees’ Performance? – Employee management software can help your company to sidestep the negative characteristics of performance reviews while retaining the positive points.
23. Payroll, General Ledger, and Taxes Defined – At its simplest level, payroll ensures that employees are paid for work performed during a particular time period (pay period).
24. Making Payroll Services Work for Your Business – Payroll is an important consideration for every business that has employees.
25. HRIS Questions and Answers – Commonly asked HRIS Q&A.
26. What is Core HR? – Core HR is the essential bulk of information and processes that pertain to the employees in any organization.
27. What is Payroll? – The term “payroll” actually refers to the list of employees that receive compensation from a company.
28. What is HRM? *NEW* – Any company or organization that employs people must figure out how to best manage their people, or human resources.
29. How to Manage Payroll *NEW* – After hiring the very first employee, every company must figure out how to best manage payroll.
30. Managing Paycheck Records Using HR Software *NEW* – Managing paycheck records using HR software can eliminate headaches and make it easy for the interested parties to gain access to those records when needed.
Free HRIS Vendor Match Service
Let our HRIS experts match you with the perfect HRIS vendor today!
Part II: HRIS Evaluation and Selection
1. How to Choose the Best Small Business Payroll Software – For a small business owner or manager, finances are among the most important considerations for the success of the business.
2. How to Choose the Best Payroll Software for Larger Companies – For larger companies, using payroll software is an absolute necessity for avoiding mistakes and keeping all aspects of payroll streamlined and consistent.
3. What to Look for in an HRIS Software Trial – A demo can help you to see what the system has to offer, but it cannot show you how the system will really work within your company.
4. When to Start Thinking About HRIS – Now could be the time to start thinking about a HRIS.
5. Tips for Estimating ROI When Selecting HR Systems – When your company sets out to select a new HRIS, there is an expectation that the investment will yield cost savings and other benefits.
6. Tips for Successful HR System Evaluations – The following tips may help to make HR system evaluations as successful as possible to ensure the smoothest operation of the business.
7. The HRIS System Question: On-Premise or Cloud? – The most efficient, reliable and cost-effective answer can be found by analyzing the pros and cons for each solution as it applies to your organization and its information technology (IT) structure.
8. Consider Mobile Accessibility When Selecting HRIS – Not all mobile interfaces are created equal, so it is important to look into the mobile offerings when selecting a new HRIS system.
9. 5 Tips to Help Stay within Budget When Selecting HRIS – Five tips that may help mitigate the risk of overspending.
10. Important Considerations When Buying an HRIS – The following is a look at how HR professionals can choose the right system for their clients or companies.
11. How to Choose the Right HRIS Vendor – Make sure to establish what you and your organization want to accomplish and evaluate approaches on how HRIS can help you achieve your goals.
12. Questions to Ask HR Software Vendors During Demos – Six commonly asked questions to ask HR software vendors during free trial periods or demos.
13. Do Not Buy HR Software Until You Get All the Details – Now, you are ready to sign the contract and implement the system immediately, but are you really as ready as you think?
14. Evaluating HRIS Vendor Support – When evaluating HRIS and payroll vendors, one of the most commonly neglected factors in the vendor selection process is an analysis of the vendor’s support structure.
15. HRIS Journey-Where to Start – Recognize the issues that impact your organization’s ability to streamline processes and make life easier for key employees.
16. Presenting the Business Case for New HRIS Software – If you can convey your company’s current and future financial states and the ways in which HRIS can change these for the better, you will be more likely to make a positive impact on your organization.
17. Fully Integrated HR and Payroll Solutions – Just as software is a much better choice than carbon paper, HR payroll system integration can offer many benefits over separate HR and payroll systems.
18. Benefits of Selecting HRIS Software with Paperless Onboarding Features – With the help of an HRIS that has onboarding features, this process can be improved substantially and organization woes can be a thing of the past.
19. Consider Recruitment Features When Selecting an HRIS – Optimizing recruitment efforts using a new HRIS may help companies to see higher returns for the HRIS investment.
20. How HRIS Recruitment Features Can Improve Hiring Processes – With the right solution in place, it is now easier than ever to find the right applicant and transition them into the position painlessly.
21. Using Peer Reviews During the Vendor Selection Process – The relationship with the vendor is critical to the implementation process and overall success of the new HRIS system.
22. Consider Dashboard Visual Appeal When Selecting Your HRIS – Visual appeal is no small matter when it comes to selecting the right HRIS solution.
23. HRIS Evaluation Checklist – Use our HRIS checklist to make sure you don’t miss out on any HRIS features that can help benefit your company.
24. Tips to Remember Through the HRIS Demo and Trial Phases – Here are some tips and key points to remember after you get your hands on free HRIS software demos.
25. Benefits of Using HRIS Vendor Matching Services – HRIS vendor matching services can help you to find vendors that you may not have otherwise found and can save you time and money on research.
Part III: HRIS Implementation
1. Challenges to HRIS Implementation – Understanding what some of the top challenges to HRIS implementation are and how to address them can ensure greater implementation success.
2. Maintaining Data Integrity throughout HRIS Implementation – When converting manual systems to automated systems during HRIS implementation or when switching to a new system, it is unfortunately easy for data integrity to be compromised.
3. Top HRIS Implementation Mistakes to Avoid – Many companies make mistakes during the HRIS implementation process that can ultimately decrease the potential benefits of the HRIS and reduce user adoption rates.
4. Payroll Software Parallel Testing – During parallel testing, the old system is run parallel to new payroll system and the results are compared.
5. How Long Does HRIS Implementation Take? – HRIS implementation is a hugely important process that is generally downplayed in the grand scheme of transitioning to using a new system.
6. Best Practices for Implementing Gamification – With the newness of the concept has come a bit of confusion and ineffectiveness when it comes to implementing and optimizing gamification in the workplace.
7. Implementing Performance Review Software – Using software to track, monitor, and review employee performance can help most companies to maximize efficiency and provide more accurate feedback for employees.
8. Tips for Succession Planning with HRIS – An HRIS can considerably improve the ease and effectiveness of succession planning.
9. Critical Elements of an HRIS Implementation Project Plan – It is critical to ensure that certain broad elements are present in the implementation project plan.
10. Best Practices When Implementing a New HRIS – Once your company has decided upon a new HRIS, it is time to implement the system.
11. Keeping Information Secure Throughout HRIS Implementation – With the rise of cloud-based HRIS solutions that allow users to log in from any device, security concerns are also on the rise.
12. HRIS Software Training for Implementation Success – Without proper training, even the best HRIS system may be doomed from the start.
13. How to Choose the Right HRIS Implementation Team – Selecting the right human resources information system for your specific business needs is often a painstaking process on which managers rightly spend a lot of time considering.
14. Hiring an HRIS Analyst for Smooth HRIS Transitioning – HRIS analysts act as a link between the HRIS and the employees in an organization, entering data that is supplied by employees, fixing issues, and generally managing the HRIS.
15. Organizational Impact of Implementing HRIS – What most organizations fail to realize is how deeply the implementation of a new HRIS will impact the organizational structure and processes.
16. Considerations When Performing HRIS System Testing – A few things to keep in mind during HRIS Testing.
17. Importing Information to a New Human Resource Management System – With the technological landscape of the workplace constantly changing, there will come a time when it will be necessary to switch from one human resource management system to a new one.
18. Tips for Ensuring Your HRIS Project is Successful – Here are eight steps that will help you ensure that your HRIS project is a success!
19. How Heavy Vendor Support Can Impact HRIS Implementation – Many companies fail to consider what kind of an impact vendor support may have on the implementation process.
20. Benefits and Challenges of Workplace BYOD Options -When employees and managers can access the HRIS from their own devices, it can help to bring the workplace into the future and make it possible for faster and more streamlined communications.
21. Benefits of Implementing Employee Scheduling Software – When selecting scheduling software or HR software programs that have built in scheduling software, it is important to make sure that the software has the functionality that you need.
22. What Other Departments Does HR Need to Work with During an HRIS Project – It is important for HR to work with other departments in the company that may have stake in the final outcome of the HRIS project.
23. Manage Change and Engagement throughout the HRIS Process – An HRIS can be the best on the market and can function flawlessly, but it is worthless if the employees refuse to use it or do not understand how it works.
24. Tips for Rolling Out an HRIS Implementation Project – After the HRIS has been selected, it can seem like the hard part is over. However, implementation is where most HRIS projects fall flat.
25. Tips for Implementing Recruitment Software – If your organization has recently upgraded to an HRIS, there are certain things that you can do to ease integration.
Free HRIS Vendor Match Service
Let our HRIS experts match you with the perfect HRIS vendor today!