HRPayrollSystems.net, an HRIS website managed by Lucerna, LLC is happy to award one $1,000 scholarship to a college student who has demonstrated scholastic achievement and a commitment to a career in human resources.
Through this scholarship award, HRPayrollSystems.net seeks to identify and reward a student who characterizes a passion for learning, a commitment to enhancing the HR profession and a desire to become a force of change within HR.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States of America (U.S.) or living in the U.S. and attending an accredited online college or university.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Human Resources or an HR-related program (such as Business, Organizational Development or Leadership, Labor Relations, etc.).
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one HR management course and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in or have completed at least one HR class with at least a 3.00 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Current Lucerna, LLC employees , customers of the company, Scholarship Selection Committee members and immediate family members/domestic partners of the aforementioned parties are ineligible to apply.
Selection of Winner
The recipient will be selected on the basis of demonstrated satisfactory scholastic achievement, and a commitment to a career in Human Resources. A Selection Committee made up of HR professionals will be part of the selection process.
How to Apply
The form found at the bottom of this page must be filled out completely and accurately. To complete your application, you must attach a current college transcript of all course work and at least one letter of recommendation.
All applications must be received on or before April 30, 2014.
Announcement of Winner
A winning applicant will be chosen no later than May 31, 2014 with notification by telephone and/or email.
Distribution of Scholarship
HRPayrollSystems.net will pay awarded funds directly to the educational institution. The scholarship award may cover tuition, fees and books.
Update: A recipient was selected in May, 2014. Please click here to view the press release.